This April, Mimaki USA announced the latest addition to its printer lineup – the UJV55-320 super-wide format UV-LED printer. The printer is a 128-inch roll-to-roll model, and features seven ink colors, including white, for transparent or colored media. The model will be on display at various expositions worldwide. It was also recently showcased in the International Sign Expo that was held April 21-23, in Orlando.
The new printer is simply brilliant. It produces vibrant colors with a high degree of opacity, which also offers consistent color for optimal results in day or night applications. What’s more, the instant curing UK inks enable multi-layer printing that reproduce high-quality designs with two-layer or three-layer printing. Also, the model comes equipped with an LED light for checking backlit signage during printing. What this does is that, it helps operators verify density immediately, which translates to waste reduction and cost efficiency.
This makes the printer an ideal option for creating backlit panels. These backlit panels are immensely popular and are extensively used in airports, transit stations and commercial facilities. The reason? These backlit panels use energy-efficient LEDs and are definitely a cool way to go green. The best part is, since the printer uses UV curable inks that do not contain volatile organic compounds, they are ideal for creating signs with low environmental impact.
Here are some key features of the new UV-LED printer:
- Super wide or dual-roll capacity
- Are your printing requirements huge? No problem. Mimaki’s printer supports media up to 127.9 inches (3.2 meters). It can also print simultaneously onto two rolls up to 60 inch (1.52 meter) wide each. This dual-roll capacity can double up the productivity of the print shop for same set graphics or even for different jobs.
- Mimaki Proofing Panel
- Mimaki Proofing Panel (MPP) allows instant print quality checks. A backlit-proofing panel allows operators to instantly check for misprints, thereby managing the need to re-print efficiently. This in turn results in reduction in waste and increase in production efficiency.
- High Productivity
- Mimaki’s new large format printer allows fast printing speeds of up to 1184 sq. feet (110 square meters) per hour. The printer is also fully network functional with industry standard Gigabit Ethernet for multiple printer connections over greater distances ensuring high productivity.
- White ink adds value
- We hear that a combination of white and other colors adds value to transparent media applications. UV-curable inks are thicker and maintain vibrancy in comparison to solvent inks used in backlit signage. White ink also enables multi-layer printing with color + white + color. Normally, only colored inks are used for multi-layer printing. However, this results in darker appearance when used in reflective light (daylight). Furthermore, having white ink ensures color fidelity for backlit and double-sized signs used in day and night.
- Super wide or dual-roll capacity
The UJV55-320 printer uses Mimaki original LUS-120 UV-LED inks that are available in cyan, magenta, black, yellow, light cyan, light magenta and white. These inks also offer scratch resistant prints and provide up to 170 percent flexibility, making them ideal for foldable and easy-to-handle banner applications.
Mimaki’s printer boasts of exceptional printer quality. Let’s see why:
- Mimaki Advance Pass System 4 (MAPS4) technology reduces banding and produces smoother edges.
- Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1) patented dithering technique in RasterLink6 RIP software enhances image quality.
- Variable dot printing produces smoother gradients and quartertones.
- Waveform control jets each ink droplet at an optimum angle to maintain ink droplet formation and shape.
That’s not all. Here are couple more reasons why you should check this product out:
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) for white ink circulates the ink at regular intervals to prevent pigment sedimentation. This ensures stable printing, fewer cleanings and more cost-effective ink utilization.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) automatically detects and recovers clogged nozzles. If a nozzle cannot be recovered, the Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) selects substitute nozzles and restarts printing.
- High-capacity ink reservoirs hold up to three liters of ink for long runs.
This awesome printer is now available in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.